Healthy and beautiful nails are the glory of your hands. If your nails are dull, dirty and broken, your hands will never look beautiful. Are you not able to fulfill your fondness for long nails? Because your nails are not healthy and beautiful. You should complete your dream, you don’t have to do much for it. Just make a small change in your routine and follow these best nail care tips and tricks to get healthy, shiny and beautiful nails at home
These nail care tips and tricks are very valuable and having faster results. It is very simple and inexpensive.
Best nail care tips and tricks
If you want to take care of your nails, then first you have to look your nail cuticles. It is one of most important part of your nail.
What is cuticle?
Cuticles are the skin on the side of our nails. It is very important, because it keeps the nail away from bacteria. Therefore, it is very important to take proper care of your cuticles.
How to take care of cuticle to get beautiful nails naturally?
When it starts to extricate, the skin turns into red and swelling with pain. This is a very common problem faced by many people. The skin around our nails is very sensitive, so it needs to be taken care of.
Dryness of cuticles is a general problem. Generally it happens in the winters due to a lack of moisture. Bacteria can enter in your nails easily and cause infection if the skin is cracked and peeling.
What are the causes of dry cuticle?
There are so many reasons for the dryness. Few of these are-
- Washing hands frequently
- Use of hand sanitizer
- Use of Nail paint remover
- Nail and cuticle biting
- Weather conditions
- Deficiencies of vitamins and minerals
Moisturization is the best tip to get healthy nails
Moisturization is very important to prevent the dryness. Use a good quality moisturizer to moisturize your hands and skin around the nails. This is the best tip to get healthy nails is to use cuticle oil to moisturize the skin around your nails.
Natural nail care tips is to keep good hygiene:
To get beautiful nails, you should have to clean your nails regularly. Always use a good quality hand wash or soap for the cleaning. Be gentle with your nails don’t scratch them. The instrument used for cleaning should be washed properly, it will help to prevent your skin and nail bed from any infection.
Nail cleaning tips at home
Don’t use long and pointy tools to clean under the nails. If you use then you will create agap between nail and nail bed. The gap will invite the bacteria which cause infection. So avoid the pointed and long tool to clean your nails. During manicure, instruct the manuicuist to use the nail brush instead of these horrible tools.
YA, I know the nail brushes are old-fashioned, but they will not harm to your nails, especially nail beds.
Trim your nails timely and make them pretty
Trim your nails regularly, it will help you to maintain healthy and beautiful nails and also prevent the snagging or breaking. Frequency of trimming will depend on your nails growth. Use a fine file to make the nail edges smoother.
Don’t use a blade or scissors to cut the nails. Always use nail cutter and filer only.
Tips to trim your nails at home
- First soak your hands in lukewarm water for a few minutes to soften your nails then cut them. The best time to cut your nails is just after taking shower.
- Don’t use a scissors or blade for your fingernails, use clippers.
- It is good to trim your nails in a straight line and then use a nail file to slightly round at the corners. It will help to keep them strong and smooth.
- Always file them in the same direction, as filing back and forth will weaken your nails.
- Apply Moisturizer after trimming, it will help to keep your nails flexible.
Wear protective gears to protect your nails
If you are a house lady and you have to do daily household chores with your own, then you should have to be more conscious about your nails. The nails will become weakened, if you are doing activities like- washing of the dishes and other cleaning work with soapy water. Hot water is also increases the chance to weaken the nails. Use hand gloves to prevent your nails during above mentioned activities.
Don’t bite your nails
Don’t bite your nails, it should never be cut through the mouth, this practice can damage the nail bed and spread the infection. It is on of the best natural nail care practice.
Don’t pull the hangnails
Pull the hangnails is not a good idea, If you do this then there may be a chance to pull live tissues with the hangnail. Never pull, it will hurt you and destroy the shape of your nails and invite to infection. The easy, natural nail care is to cut them with a nail cutter and use filer.
Don’t use your nails as a tool
Do not use them as tools. Many people have a habit to remove stapler pins through nails, some people use them for pulling many things. This should not be done, it will affect your nail health. If you have the same habit, then stop it immediately.
Avoid using harsh nail products
Use a good quality nail products, whether nail paint or nail paint remover. Use acetone free remover. Always apply good quality nail polish, don’t use the same nail polish for a long time.
How to apply nail paint?
These are the some tips to apply paint on your nails
- First file your nails corner to make them even.
- Then, clean your nails as suggested above and apply a good quality nail remover to remove the paint.
- Apply the preprimer uniformly.
- Then apply the base coat and let it dry.
- Then after apply the paint evenly, don’t thicken the coat.
- If paint smudges on skin, then remove it by using remover and cotton stick.
Important tips to apply the paint on your nails
- Whether it is primer, base coat or paint, the bottle has to be shaken well before applying.
- After that, rotate the brush with bottle neck and remove the access base coat, paint and top coat.
- Try to apply these in small quantity and then spread it on whole area.
- It should always be noted that paint, base coat and top coat are not to be applied on the cuticle and the side skin area.
- Start the painting from cuticle area, place the brush near to it and then push it slightly up to the cuticle line, keep it in mind that you have to leave a hairline space between paint and skin.
- And then drag the brush downward to cover the free edge.
- Then after complete the sides and leave it till dry.
- After dry, apply the second coat.
- When the second coat has dried, apply the top coat in the same way as you have applied the paint.
Apply Base Coat: Best Trick to get beautiful Nails
Apply the base coat first, it creates a protective layer and prevents your nails from getting faded and tainted. By applying it, your nail polish color becomes perfect. Apply the base coat before nail paint, it will improve the colour and provide strength.
The best tip to take care nails is to eat a healthy diet
Eat healthy foods which containing calcium, zinc, vitamins and iron. Include milk, fruits, green vegetables, meat, fish and dry fruits in your diet. These provide nourishment to your whole body, including the nails.
Use of Biotin to get rid of fragile nails
Biotin could increase the strength of the nails. Biotin deficiency may be reason for brittle nails. Brittle nails are fragile and become split or cracked easily. The people having brittle nail can get rid of it by using biotin supplement, but before use the supplement you should consult with your doctor.
If you notice a change in the color, texture, or shape of your nail then visit to a dermatologist. It may happen due to some fungal and other infection. By timely treatment, we can prevent the infection from spreading.
Our nails are a mirror of our health. We can keep our nails healthy and make them beautiful by using these Best nail care tips and tricks.